I hate Chicago

So, I was going to Cesar's tonight to do the mac n cheese recipe with him. I'm going to be doing the demo with him this Sunday at Navy Pier and I am soooooo excited! Anyway. So were a few minutes away from his house when all of a sudden I have no brakes. I HAVE NO BRAKES! I put my foot all the way to the floor. Nothing. Eventually I do stop. I go for a few more minutes and it seems like the brakes are kind of working. The think is, I used the emergency break to stop, and now the emergency break light is on, but the breaks aren't really working.

So I go to Cesar's and figure I'll call AAA later. Well, I forgot to call, and as you can tell it's late now, so I took a cab home instead. My cabbie was a chatty Cathy. He was talking about all these celebrities that he knows and how everyone calls him when they're in Chicago. Then he starts talking about how he used to live in Hyde Park. I said something like, "yeah, it's great. Its like a little bit of country but still in the city. Why I opened my mouth I'll never know.

He starts talking about this movie called "Thief of Hearts" as I recall. He's telling me how I have to be careful because H.P. is still the city. Then he starts talking about this movie I tell him that I've never seen it. He tells me about the plot which is some guy who stalks a lady who lives alone and rapes her. And then steals her heart. I tell him that I haven't seen the movie. He tells me that I should be careful. Then he tells me the plot of this movie again. I once again tell him I haven't seen the movie. He tells me to be careful and then tells me the plot of the movie. How this guy stalks a woman and rapes her and then steals her heart. I am so freaked out by this. So I nonchalantly pick up my phone and text Cesar the cab# and that my cabbie is talking to me about some rape movie. He freaks out. I get home, go to the bathroom and feed the cat. All without turning on a light. I hate Chicago.

So, how was your day?

p.s.
I just went on imdb and there's no mention of rape. Or a woman who lives alone. Is this just the ramblings of a scary mentally deficient cabbie, or is imdb hiding something? Only K can tell us the truth.

Comments