black people

Congress enacted the first fugitive slave law on this date in 1793. This law made it illegal to harbor slaves or to perform any actions preventing their arrests.


The NAACP was founded on this date in 1909 after riots in Springfield, IL. With W. E. B. Du Bois as one of its chief organizers, the group originally fought to abolish forced segregation and enforce the 14th and 15th Amendments.

The Thriller 25th anniversary edition is becing released today. 25 years ago I was a young girl with a paper route and a dream. I wanted the red leather jacket and shiny glove. 25 years later the same dream plagues me.

Comments

I would like to say that this sounded like a good idea, but is becoming less and less awesome as the days progress.
blogmother said…
I knew you black-types couldn't sustain it. Notch one more for whitey!
Ursula said…
I've been enjoying it, lots! And--although, sadly, I'm white--I'd be happy to contribute a few entries on my fave black heroes, if you'd like a break.
Kian said…
Wow, this month *is* full of surprises! i mean, I knew you were black, but I had no idea you were a man!
blogmother said…
I knew she was black, too.
My balls are heavy and I'm looking for some fertile white womens