My plane did not fall out of the sky

I should have posted earlier, but I am absolutely 100%, completely convinced that - should I not have gotten to my destination - you WOULD have found out by now.

During the flight, the waif next to me was reading some scripture - you know, THAT kind of scripture. I didn't read over her shoulder, but I was imagining the passages she was reading from my (dusty) memories of the various books.

She was reading from Matthew, a book which leaves me with convoluted feelings. I believe I lost my "Bible can't be wrong," virginity when I first read it for meaning; maybe when I was 12 or so.

The irony...the reason I'm bogging this...is that the passage in Matthew that I have forever objected to is 'go ye, therefore and teach all nations and spread the word...ceaselessly!' (that was not even a little verbatim)

Here was this woman reading the Bible in a very public manner, as if to invite conversation, which is just what one is admonished to do in the very text she was reading.

I wonder if I was the only one to notice.

Comments