Back. Tired. Dilated.

Am back and fine. I have gestational hypertension and should take it easier. But no preeclampsia, yay! More exciting was learning that I'm already a centimeter dilated. This is kinda early for that...or for all the contractions I keep having. I theorize that Small Son is very, very eager to come into the world and meet his wonderful family. Thanks, guys, for all the support today, especially Mother of Memory, who jumped out of bed to take me to Labor and Delivery, when I told her I felt too shy and foolish to go on my own.

And, important lesson learned: catheters are not fun. But less fun? Hearing phrases like "pre-term labor" bandied about. (No, I didn't go into labor. No worries.)

Comments

blogmother said…
Mother of Memory was the surrogate for us all, and she did EVERYTHING any of we-who-could-not-be-there would have ever thought of, and so much more. For instance, I would have probably wanted to peek up your vu, cause I love stuff like that, and it maybe would put you off, just a little. She was much more understanding of your feelings.
Stop dialating!
Ursula said…
You vu-looker, you!

And I am definitely trying not to dilate further. I've been having nice, long chats with my cervix and uterus about how it isn't time for that yet.