Rumblings in the Dark

Guess what woke me at 3:30 this morning. Well, at first I couldn't tell why I was awake, then I realized I was hearing a very, very low, soft rumbling. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but it made me restless, so I got up and wandered about the apartment, looking out the windows and trying to figure out where the sound was coming from and what was causing it. Just as I gave up and went crawling back to bed, I heard it: a train whistle! Yes, a passing train woke me up this morning. I don't know quite why I find that so cool, but I do...and I expect Oldman understands!

Comments

blogmother said…
Oldman jumps up and down at the thought of another convert.
Oldman said…
There is something reassuring about having huge long things snaking about peacefully in the darkness.