Roasted Lizard

Work is kind of poo-ish

So there's been a rumor going on at work that they're going to close down the fine dining kitchen. Well, it's no longer a rumor. We found out today that it's true. As of January 1st the dining room will close permanently. so, what does this mean to me? Well, I've been offered a position working on the cafe line. They're going to revamp the menu, but the food is not going to be of the same quality as what I've been doing. Essentially I'm going from working at La Poule a Dent to working at Molly's. I'm not really excited about this, but I need the job for a while longer at least. I'm not going to lose my seniority, or my position, or my rate of pay,

Now for some happy news. If I haven't told you yet, let me tell you now...I'M GOING TO PARIS!!!!! I'm saving money, trying to teach myself French, and hoping to go in March for four nights or so. I'm so excited I could poop my cotton panties. Well, that's all for now. I've got a pizza in the oven and I'm going to watch West Side Story in a wee bit, so I must go. Or maybe I'm just going to deal with the roasted squirrel.

Comments

Ursula said…
Ugh, that sucks. I'm sorry. It does sound like it makes good sense for you to keep the job until you get back from Paris, though.
blogmother said…
Maybe you will find a job and a lover and (almost) never come back...could happen, ya know.