Paul had Amazingly Bad Breath

We went to Rochester this weekend for the last time...maybe ever. The tribute to Ed was really nice and I think 94 of the 100 people who were there took the mic to say something wonderful about him.
The ride to and fro were each about 1 hour too long for Jonathan, K, Ola and me to remain in happy harmony. We were sick of each other. Jonathan had a liver biopsy today, and I never even called to find out how it went.
I'll call tomorrow. We will all be done with being fed-up by then, I think. Besides, I really DO care how it went.
On the way home, Carol called to tell me that Nancy Nye died. I met her while on the Co-op board and was impressed with her clear-thinking and fabulous intelligence. Nancy was the first person I with whom I spoke of Push Open Doors, and our first board member. I feel like I let her down. Another head-against-the-brick-wall moment for this good little idea.
I spoke with Tony, and he and his fam are celebrating turkey day at Sweetie Pie's folks; J & K are going to Jersey to get their license; B & E are nearly fulltime in Carolina already. TRB will be somewhere on the road and everyone else I love is in Chicago.
Jason was born in Rochester while I was at Valparaiso, and although I've visited them at least once a year since then, I have never actually been in the city of Rochester.
So I guess I won't miss it very much.

Comments

Ursula said…
I do wish you were here or I was there, right now. I keep getting filled with "what-if" worries. (Husband came home last night to find me freaked out over a PBS show on genetic disorders.) None of the grads in my department have kids, which makes me feel a bit lonely. But my dept chair, after an early heads-up, is being very supportive, and that helps.
blogmother said…
I don't know what Paul's bad breath has to do with department chairs.
Ursula said…
My comment has more to do with your paragraph about various folks being far away now, silly!

And have you thought about mailing him a few boxes of Altoids?
Ursula said…
Well, the man told me I'd included his name, so I changed my comment to replace it with "Husband."