Unforeseen Consequences

So, as you've probably all heard, my hair is now short and red. I know, I know: pictures! Really, I've got to get my good camera working, in order to take a half-decent pic, and that's going to take a trip to the store for a proper battery. But see how much I love you all? I'm going to go to the store this afternoon and obtain the needed battery.

In the meantime, I promise that everybody who has seen the new hair has loved it. Best reaction goes to SF Advisor (SF for "Special Fields," not "Science Fiction", although from now on, that clearly must be his alias: he is surely from another planet!) Anyway, I tromped into SciFi Advisor's office on Tuesday for a meeting on various topics and announced, "Well, I guess the first thing we should do is look at all the books we have in at the journal." (He's also book reviews editor.) He, staring transfixed, replied, "No, I think the first thing is to look at your hair."

But, y'know how my wardrobe is stocked with cheery reds and oranges and yellows and pinks? Well, guess what colors now look horrible on me. Argh. Suddenly I'm forced to dig through my closet for greens and blues and purples. Not that I have too many--why, what's this? An excuse to buy more clothes? Ta for now, my dears; I have some shopping to do!

Comments

So it's been 11 hours since you posted that you were going to get a battery for the camera. Did you get lost? Also, I thought you were only sutting to your shoulder, but you said you have short hair. Did you go shorter than that, or are you exaggerating the shortitude? Where are the damn pictures?! It's been three days since the deed was done.
Ursula said…
Hair is cut to above the shoulders; I made the last-minute decision to get it cropped more like the man likes it.

And no, I wasn't able to get a battery yesterday, after all--the wind was nasty and bitey, and I was wussy, so I got as far as the library, then stayed there studying. Today's a bad bet (it's a full schedule), but Saturday I have nothing on my plate.

Sorry I suck so much; this year is crazy busy for me. Oh! I did download Skype earlier this week! Haven't had time to set it up quite yet, but I'm coming soon to a Skype window near you.
Why are you letting "the man" tell you how to get your hair done? I've spent my entire life having to fight "the man." Do you have any idea how hard it is to be a black woman in constant struggle with "the man?" No you don't. You insult me, and my people by letting "the man" influence aything in your life. FIGHT THE POWER! POWER TO THE PEOPLE! I HAVE A DREAM! I HAVE TO SHOWER!
Ursula said…
Yeah, but the man is just so cute. And he buys me pretty new clothes. I am easily won over by new clothes.
Oldman said…
Short red hair, this we gotta see! Is it very butch?
Ursula said…
Butch? Nah, I'm a fairly feminine woman. But the hair does rather make me feel more confident. Strangely so. And a little fiercer and cooler and crazier. Not butch, more lioness. :)
blogmother said…
Ha ha to all you loosers!
I saw a picture!