Restaurants and Ruins 2007

OK, people, it's official. I and Lady Memory here have decided to go to northern Italy next summer (probably early summer) for our much-discussed Restaurants and Ruins 2007 Tour. MoM, of course, is in charge of the restaurant part, and I'm in charge of the ruins end of things. This leads me to reveal my new hobby, which is: learning Italian. A lot of great scholarship on Callimachus is in Italian, so I've been teaching myself a little during my breaks at the library. Speaking of which, I'd better get going to the library and be all productamified... But hey, now you all know! R&R 2007 is ON!

Comments

Oldman said…
Northern Italy? Is this north of Rome, north of Pisa, or north of a line from Imperia to Venice?
Ursula said…
Well, we're thinking mostly the Tuscany region, so maybe "northern" is a bit misleading!
I would like to go to Piedmonte as well. Tuscany is calling my name. Loudly.
blogmother said…
what about Restaurants, Ruins and Reels?
Ursula said…
Ah, but the dear man and I are planning our own trip--very different in character--for later that summer. NumberOneSon and I will go to just one city and have lots of long, slow strolls and chats, doing whatever our whims dictate each day. MoM and I, on the other hand, plan to zip about from town to town with a full itinerary of restaurants and ruins.