I'm a thief

So after lunch break today I went to the bathroom. In the bathroom someone had forgotten their Chanel no. 5 body lotion. I took it with the intention of turning it into lost and found. When I got upstairs we already had orders and the lotion was forgotten. Flash to me in the locker room getting ready to go home. I was just about to leave when I remembered the lotion and the book I was reading (the memory keeper's daughter-it's awesome). I turned around to go upstairs and get the items. The woman who was just in the locker room with me also was going back upstairs. She told me that she had forgotten her lotion in the bathroom and was hoping that it was still there. I said notiong. Obviously this is her lotion, but if I said oh yes, I have it it would've looked like I was going to steal it. Why else would I have had it for 6 1/2 hours? I didn't know what to say. I couldn't turn it in later because she'd already gone upstairs to the bathroom and had checked with security. So now I have a 2/3 full stolen bottle of chanel lotion in my bag. I really didn't mean to steal it. Someone absolve me of this. I usually only see this woman once a week and I need to not feel guilty. Maybe I should donate the bottle to the smelly? Or maybe leave it in another bathroom at work? What can I do? Help me! Help me before 12noon tomorrow.

Comments

Ursula said…
Well, I sent you my advice as an email (since stupid blogger wouldn't let me post earlier). What did you wind up doing?