A Vast Acreage of Suck

Dear All,

I suck.

No kidding.

I seriously, seriously suck.

Here's the low-down: at the beginning of the summer, I agreed to bend over and let the intensive language program give it to me good and thorough like for nine weeks. This was an amazing experience--broadening, one might say--plus, hey, money! But it also left me worn out. After taking the better part of a week to rest and recover, I turned to my next big task, namely, completely two seminar papers. No anal-rape metaphor here, though, since that would conjure images of papercuts in bad, bad places... Still, if I don't have them both done before classes start on the 18th, well, getting papercuts in my delicate bits will be the least of my worries.

So right now I'm in the middle of one paper and just a little ways into the other, and I'm finding (here's a non-shocker) that my attempts to Get Them All Done Right This Instant only make me freak out and hide under my desk, whimpering. I'm a slow-n-steady gal, and that's what this situation, I realized today, calls for: a daily page-writing requirement that is small, but strict. This is the best plan for me, and probably the only workable one.

But here's where the suck comes in, because it will require me to work during the visits of, well, everybody. I'm sure I can trim my hours at the journal; my boss/advisor/lord of awesomeness is pretty chill that way. Nevertheless, to ensure that I really get my papers done on time, I'll have to steer clear of the visiting and festivities for half of each and every day--preferably the morning half, since that's when my brain is still functional, but I can be flexible. Also, I pledge to take one entire day off of all work whatsoever, and you guys should take advantage of the comments to tell me which one. Otherwise, though, I have to be Li'l Miss Workaholic. Which I somehow suspect is another total non-shocker.

Anyway, I love you all and apologize profusely for being a turd. A sucky turd. Une turde du suckage. Someday I will leave off the Way of Suck, I hope, but until then I remain

suckily yours,
Alusru

Comments

So you can't do anything with anyone anytime. What else is new? I don't really care when we get together. My conditions are that Monday and Tuesday are my days off, and though I tried I was not able to get even one single day off during the Bergstrom visit. Oh, did I mention that you suck?
Ursula said…
Wait...aren't Ma and Pa here until Tuesday? So wouldn't Monday make for an optimal daylong Bergstromfest?
Ursula said…
And no duh I suck! Like a vacuum, baby! Or like a vacuum crossed with Jessica Simpson!

I wish I'd understood how much work the summer program would be, but oh, well...no use crying over milk that's spilled under a bridge burnt behind me.
Ma told me that she was going to be here until Wednesday. Is this not true?
blogmother said…
I may or may not be true. Blogma is working on it to make ir true, but sometimes Blogma is thwarted.