Patagonian Toothfish

This fish is also known as Chilean Sea Bass. Here's a little bit about the Chilean Sea Bass. There was a time when every single restaurant in this country served this on their menu. Chefs becamse aware of the problem with overfishing. Now, it's hard to find this listed on any good chef's menu. They changed the name of the fish from Patagonian toothfish to Chilean sea bass to make it sound sexier. Allegedly no one would buy Patagonian toothfish. I don't know who they polled. I prefer the original name.

Comments

blogmother said…
I prefer the rare Equadorian toothpobble.
Kian said…
Chilean Sea Bass or Patagonian Toothfish, it's all the same to me. I mean, it's tasty and all, but it doesn't compare to my favorite of all fish: MacDonald's Fish Fillet. Especially when only lightly seared, so the inside is still all pink and delicious (and a little bit cold, too!).
blogmother said…
mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm!