Overheard in the office

From the Shaolin Preschool Song Book

Co-Worker: If you're happy and you know it...?
Co-Worker's 2-year-old daughter: ...don't touch a knife!

1065 Williams Street
Atlanta, Georgia

Overheard by: manda b

Use the Shank Key

VP, using Instant Messenger: How do I type a smiley face that means, "I'll cut you."

550 Madison Avenue
New York, New York

And now for some wonderful things that could've been overheard at TSC.....

And He Won't Be. Until the Next Time.

Co-Worker, whispering on phone: And I know I've said this before, but I will never be naked in the file room again...

2811 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, California



If the Goal Is to Go Home at Five, Then You're on the Right Track

Employee: Someone just called me. They said, "Hello," and asked if I could help them because they had a question. I didn't know what to do, so I said, "No," and hung up. Was that okay?
Boss: I guess that's one way of handling it.

US Patent and Trademark Office
Alexandria, Virginia

Overheard by: Why Me?

How Do You Think I Got This Job?

Producer, on phone: I don't know how to make this more clear: Eat the bugs! You have to eat the bugs! Open your mouth, plug your nose, and shove the bugs in your mouth!

6727 Odessa Avenue
Van Nuys, California

Actually, He's Leaving Reminders For Himself on His Voicemail

Office manager, on the phone: Which one of Mommy's boyfriends beat you badly enough as a child to turn you into the bitter, empty, hollow shell of a human being you are today?
Supervisor, to trainee: See? That's why we have to answer the phone quickly in this office: to keep the managers from picking up the phone. Ever.

221 Corporate Gateway Boulevard
Columbia, South Carolina

Overheard by: Geobaldi



Comments

blogmother said…
alusru, that is brilliant!
But MoM, was anything overheard at TSC THAT vapid?