I just had a horrible dream

So I was at work and the amuse was coming off of my station. For some reason I was wearing a white Oxford shirt instead of my chef jacket. Well, just as service is about to get crazy I ripped the shirt from about the left elbow to the cuff. I tried to get Tony's attention to let him know I was stepping offline to get another jacket. He just kept walking away though. So I took off my socks and shoes and went to get a jacket. For some reason the elevator that's normally there wasn't. It was a big huge freight elevator. With chairs. I couldn't figure out where the real one was but everyone I asked said that this was the only elevator. So I get in and I notice that people aren't sitting in the chairs, they're gripping the armrest as hard as they can. I do the same thing. The elevator starts and for a moment we're suspended upside down and then we flip. The elevator doesn't flip, just the people inside it. So the elevator stops and people start getting off. I ask "Is this BP?" People tell me yes, I know that it can't be because I don't recognize any of it. I am finally convinced to get off the elevator and I'm in a mall. A huge mall. There are tons of stores, people, escalators and stairs, but nothing that says Ritz-Carlton. I'm starting to panic. I, and all the people around me are painfully aware of the fact that I'm not wearing socks or shoes. I try finding the elevator I was on, but I can't find anything. I finally run up to the information desk and ask them how to get back. At first they don't want to tell me, because I'm not wearing shoes, but they relent and point me to two options. The stairs, or a different elevator. I choose the stairs. So I'm running barefoot down the stairs trying to get to the uniform room. I get downstairs, but it's the laundry room instead. No one will help me. I finally bump into Adriane (the dining room manager, and someone I loathe in real life) and ask him to help me. It's at this point that I realize I've been gone from the line for over 30 minutes and we were just about to get slammed which means that everyone upstairs is busting their asses and I've gone missing. I burst into tears just saying that chef's going to fire me. Over and over again. I woke up crying hysterically.

I am totally serious about everything I wrote here. This is not a joke in any way shape or form. I'm not going to give you any information about how I am in real life (except for the Adriane tidbit. He's a small small man). So someone here has got to interpret this dream for me. Seriously.

I would like to apologize for the form of writing here. I know it's hard to read something with run on sentences and no paragraph structure. I just wrote it as fast as I could so I wouldn't forget. So interpret away.

Comments

Oldman said…
Jalapenos should not be eaten before bed, even if cut with mangos.