Guess!

Guess how I'm writing this post! You'll never guess. From the new-used laptop that my husband, that best of boys, purchased yesterday for me. This will be for writing my papers when I'm out and about on campus, without need to worry over whether I can get a good window seat in one of the computer labs or not. She is clearly a girl computer, and we think her name might be Elektra; she is, after all, a fine piece of Elektronics. (Minus the dead CD/DVD drive, but meh, who cares?)

OK, time for me to settle down and work, like a good grad student. (Yeah, I'm not sure who I'm fooling, either.) I hope the weather is as lovely in Lyme and Norwich as it is today in Chicago!

Comments

blogmother said…
You so ROCK!

Yes, it was lovely here, a Spring day, but this time is all yours (and Elektra's - great name!)

Does it have or need a jacket - you know, with handles?
Ursula said…
Elektra fits snuggly in my backpack, in fact. She and I are fast becoming friends, except that she does rather nag me about my work. Silently, of course, but there's that paper right on her desktop. Oh, look: there it still is. Sigh...
Oldman said…
what brand is she? I have a dead Dell laptop with a good DVD drive...