Morning becomes Electric!

We were standing and chatting in the kitchen last evening and something caught my eye out the window (was I willfully looking away from Mr Pump?). It was a fire, and it was getting bigger. I dashed outside to check it out and (not having put on a jacket - yes, it was 15 degrees) hurried my way to discover that next to the next door neighbor was burning his dead christmas tree. ON NEW YEAR'S EVE???? thought I.
The night had barely begun.
Being of sound mind, I went back up to my officey-place and settled in with loud music and lots to read. BOOM and then, BOOM.
The nest door neighbors (Earl and Bev Strout) were hosting fireworks in their backyard. The view from the upstairs bathroom was better than for anyone on the ground. Earl shot up about 20 or so pretty-good-sized fireworks with colors and sounds and...is there more than that to fireworks?
Then, as the year became new, the Strout's lit up a homemade 2006 sign that is 5 feet high by about 10 across. As the minutes waned, the colorfully-lit-in-large-christmasstree-sized-bulbs 2006 sign started flashing.
Oh My God, what a hokey and wonderful place Lyme is!

Comments