It's a New Year

Happy, happy, y'all!

I'm so deep in my paper-writing, I did not notice the New Year had come until I heard the wild gunfire outside. Yes, that is the local New Year's custom: firing guns (or, for pussies, setting off fire-crackers) at the stroke of midnight. And where was I, exactly, when a sound like that of an incipient riot broke out all round our quiet home? Sitting down in, shall we say, the smallest room of the apartment. Welcome to the new year, and here's your toilet paper.

(But then Kian met me coming out with my New Year's kiss, because he's a dear sentimentalist.)

But, while the rest of you slackers haven't even formed your resolutions for 2006, I have already accomplished mine. Yesterday I broke it to the Stones that I will be quitting my tutoring job with them. Feb. 3 is my last day. I'm a little sad, since my job is great fun and the kids are wonderful, but I am going to get so much more done with the extra time. Their mom did try to beg me out of it or convince me to stay on at very reduced hours, as I had expected her to, but I stayed firm and resisted the happy temptation.

Now back to writing...and contemplating whether I shouldn't just brew up some coffee and make it an all-nighter. When inspiration blooms, after all...

Wish me luck on meeting this all-important deadline, and hey, make and post some resolutions, already!

Comments